The 2019 Season
2019 CSA Season (sessions)
We heard you needed more flexibility in your CSA season. This year our season is broken up into two sessions. You can sign up for the full season (both sessions) all at once or either of the two sessions individually. Space is limited. If you know you want to participate in both sessions, please sign up for the Full Season.
- Full Season is 28 weeks long, this includes two 14-week sessions, with a one week break between the two.
- Session ONE (14 weeks) is the week of May 13th through the week of August 12th
- Session TWO (14 weeks) is the week of August 28th through November 25th
2019 Share options (bag size)
Our share options are Full Share and Partial Share.
- Full Share is typically 6-7 items per week.
- Partial Share is typically 4-5 items per week
2019 Site Locations and Delivery options
We have two Lawrence pick up sites, one Kansas City site and now offer delivery to homes within Lawrence city limits (for a small fee). We also offer workplace CSA drop-offs. (ask us for details on the workplace CSAs).
- Tuesdays, 4-6 pm: Lawrence pick up, at the Sunrise Greenhouse, 1501 Learnard Ave.
- Tuesdays, 3-7 pm: Lawrence Home Delivery *additional delivery fee added to share price
- Tuesdays, 4-5 pm: Workplace CSA Drop-offs
- Wednesdays, 5:30-6:30 pm: Kansas City pick up, 75th and State Line
- Thursdays, 4-6 pm: Lawrence pick up, Watkins Health Center, KU Campus
Members can pay in full at the beginning of the year or installments throughout the season. There are two installments per session and 4 installments for the entire season.
- Full Share for the Full Season (both sessions) is $560 paid in full or 4 installments
- Partial Share for the Full Season (both sessions) is $448 paid in full or 4 installments
- Full Share for One Session is $294 paid in full or 2 installments
- Partial Share for One Session is $235.20 paid in full or 2 installments
If paying by installment, a $135 first payment will be due at sign up. This applies to all share sizes.
Please note if you are signing up for delivery, there will be an additional fee added to your share.
Signups and Payment
Common Harvest uses the Member Assembler platform for online signups. Member Assembler will send reminders when payments are due.
- Returning members can login to their existing Member Assembler account to choose sessions, share size, and site locations for the 2019 season.
- New members can create a new account in Member Assembler and choose sessions, share size, and site locations for the 2019 season.
- Pay online through Member Assembler using PayPal or send us a check by mail.
- Weekly Add-ons In addition to your regular share of vegetables, there are opportunities to add other farm products such as weekly Egg shares from the Red Tractor Farm and flower bouquets from Moon on the Meadow Farm. This will be added to your share through Member Assembler, and the additional cost will be added to your season payment or installment payments.
- Spontaneous Surplus Add-ons Some of your CSA farmers may have seasonal surplus that can be purchased in larger quantities. This will be advertised through the E-Newsletter and the Common Harvest Facebook Page. You may add these to your weekly share through Member Assembler as they become available.
More Good Stuff
- Give-A-Share You can sign up to give a CSA share to someone else. We believe that anybody who wants to eat nutritious, locally raised, and organically grown food should have the opportunity to do so! So we have partnered with Sunrise Project in Lawrence to match us with families or individuals in our community who would not otherwise have access to a CSA subscription, enabling them to receive a season's worth of fresh, organically grown produce. When someone chooses to donate a CSA share through us, they send us the cost of the full or partial share, and Sunrise Project then puts us in contact with a suitable family or individual to receive the share. Please contact us directly to set this up.
- E-Newsletter Each week we send a newsletter to the email address you supply in Member Assembler. The newsletter acts as a reminder to pick up your share and provides a list of possible vegetables that will be included in your share. We also provide recipes, storage tips and farm updates.
- Common Harvest CSA Facebook Page Each week's newsletter will also be posted to the Common Harvest page on Facebook. Farmers will also pass along additional information about farm happenings and recipes. Members are encouraged to share their own recipes and CSA pictures. If you follow the Common Harvest CSA Facebook Page, please check the "get notifications" box or you may not see all the posts.
- Swap Basket! If there's something you don't want, you can leave it in the basket and take something else from the basket.
- Vacations or Out-of-town? Members can also use Member Assembler to schedule a hold for a week while they are out of town as well as to schedule a double share after they get back to make up for the share they missed.
Have questions? Please visit our FAQ page.
Ready to sign up to get your weekly share of vegetables? Click the button below to sign up.